Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hornbill Diaries

On quiet days in camp, I get a chance to catch up on photos. Today I sat for about an hour in the sand, laughing and watching these birds who are quite humerous in their activities and behaviour toward each other. Here are some of the photos that I took during our teatime break.

I got it...I got it!!


His mate was hanging around, just in case!
These redbilled hornbills are definately my favourite!
Just making sure I got his good side.
Bath time for birdy num nums!
Amazing how the sunlight shines through their bills.

This guy was so obsessed with his reflection in the window! He pecked at it and stared for at least 10 mins!
A squirrel taking up post and shouting the odds at the hornbills.
One of the resident dwarf mongoonse that lives under the kitchen.
Redbilled Hornbill

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to see how your community has changed. New places, new friends. The feathered and furry kind of friends.

    ReplyDelete